Einrichtung: Abt.Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography (ID 15994)
Ansprechpartner: Herr Prof. Kreft
Veröffentlichungsdatum: 13.01.2022At the University of Göttingen - Public Law Foundation - there is a there is a positon at the Abt.Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography d. Büsgen-Instituts
PhD assistent in functional island biography of plants (all genders welcome)
- Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L (65 %) -
to be filled. The Position is limited to 3 years.
This PhD project aims at investigating global variation of plant functional traits on islands and the role of island characteristics on the functional diversity and functional composition of island floras worldwide. The PhD student will work with Holger Kreft and other researchers of the DFG-funded research unit “DynaCom - Spatial community ecology in highly dynamic landscapes: from island biogeography to metaecosystems”. The position is based in the Department of Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography at the University of Göttingen.
The earliest starting date is April 1, 2022. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (TV-L E13). 65% of a full position correspond to 25,87 working hours per week.
- Research in functional island biogeography, analyzing the role of plant functional characteristics of island plants based on existing and novel large biogeographical datasets (gift.uni-goettingen.de)
- Close collaboration with project partners from the Universities of Munich, Oldenburg, Münster, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (Frankfurt), the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) and the Lower Saxony National Park Wadden Sea (Nationalpark Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer)
- Master degree (or equivalent) in ecology, biodiversity, or a related field
- Strong research interest in biogeography, macroecology and plant functional ecology
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analyses, geographical analyses and data processing in the statistical software environment R
- Knowledge of other programming languages like Phyton or Julia as well as Machine learning techniques is a plus
- Very good communication and writing skills in English
- Ability and willingness to work and collaborate in an international, interdisciplinary research team
Research in the Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography group focuses on unraveling the mechanisms that cause spatial gradients in biodiversity, from local to global scales. We are interested in the different facets of biodiversity, including species richness, endemism, and functional and phylogenetic diversity of mainland and island floras.
The University of Göttingen aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepresented and therefore urges qualified women to apply. It also sees itself as a family-friendly university and promotes the compatibility of science / career and family. The university has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications of severely disabled persons are preferred with the same qualifications.
Please submit your application with all important documents in one document summarized until 2/11/2022 exclusively via the application portal http://obp.uni-goettingen.de/de-de/OBF/Index/71491.
Further information Mr. Prof. Kreft, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +49 5513928757
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)