- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineer from an accredited university, or a related scientific field.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering in the areas of power systems, power electronics, control systems for industrial systems.
- Experience with project or program management associated with construction and large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical vendor management, systemic incident management or operations & maintenance management.
- Basic knowledge of equipment safety and performance certifications required for operation of electrical systems (e.g. switchgear, outdoor equipment, communication etc.).
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver orders to the customer's doorstep. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders (no matter how large or small) are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, sustainably and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class delivery experiences through the introduction of pioneering new products. Come join our team and help us make history!
The Last Mile Global Fleet and Products (GFP) team’s mission is to provide the vehicles and services that enable Amazon to delight customers with our last mile operations. GFP is on track to purchase 100,000 electric vehicles (EVs) by 2030 as part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge. Additionally, we are building critical capabilities, tools and mechanisms in the area of EV Service Equipment (EVSE) to successfully transition to an electric fleet.
The Program Manager on the GFP team will provide leadership in the application of new EVSE technologies to enable large scale EV deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. You will be able to clearly articulate the technical differences in EVSE technologies available, understand key problems and gaps, and propose and analyze multiple solutions to deploy the most energy efficient, cost effective, and rapidly scalable EVSE networks achievable. As a program manager on the EVSE product team, you will be responsible for driving the deployment of pilot projects, tracking and monitoring of KPIs from the field as well as managing systemic issue resolution, closely collaborating with the internal and external product development teams, and supporting onsite installation and commissioning.
This role is inherently cross-functional and requires working closely with engineering design, construction, operations, product and program management, finance, legal and business development teams to bring products to launch, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-visibility strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be able to take end-to-end ownership of large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, and deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
- Define and deliver difficult solutions of our EVSE technology pilot projects with broad cross-functional or significant business impact
- Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during manufacturing phases.
- Lead and develop regional EVSE vendors to ensure in-time and in-quality delivery of the projects, as well as scalable growth with the Amazon EVSE network.
- Define technical specifications and product performance criteria with regional vendors and EVSE manufacturers to specify appropriate electrical equipment.
- Provide technical diligence on EVSE products, and research and define AMZL requirements and specifications for EVSE (design, performance, safety, local permitting needs, load management strategies etc.)
- Define, monitor and track product KPIs from the field. Manage product issues raised by our internal customers at the delivery stations, lead intermediate containment actions and systemic issue resolution with the EVSE vendors.
- For issues that arise with EVSE installed at delivery stations, drive teams to supply: failure mode and root-cause analysis, quantify customer exposure, provide remediation, and establish long-term corrective measures as well as ensuring these efforts are documented such that the issue doesn’t reoccur. Support maintenance and troubleshooting support, and operating procedure review.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the delivery station.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Experience with developing high-availability EVSE design/architectures, large-scale power systems, electric mobility/transportation, or mission-critical industrial systems, that are at parity (or exceeds) industry design trends
- 3+ years of experience with power products used in design, operation, or maintenance of large scale infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Electric Vehicle industry and specifically proven track record in EVSE technology
- Knowledge of codes and regulations including IEC, CE and ISO
- Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into prototyping/manufacturing.
- Understanding of basic data analytical skills and tools such as Excel, Tableau, SQL (beginner to intermediate) and regression models.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment in an organized manner, and willing to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience writing documents on technical requirements for new products, process improvement initiatives and/or design validation plans.
- The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high level review.