ACS-D is the German subsidiary of the Aerospace and Defence Digital Factory of the Exprivia international group.
With know-how and experience gained over 30 years, Exprivia is currently active in the Banking & Finance, Telco & Media, Energy & Utilities, Public Sector, Manufacturing & Distribution, Healthcare and Aerospace & Defence areas.
Today the Exprivia group employs about 2,000 professionals worldwide. As part of that, in ACS-D you will be working in an international, challenging environment, with excellent career development opportunities in a growing company and a very attractive financial package
We are looking for an IT Storage Area Network (SAN) and Backup Expert to join a Service Team supporting one of our Customers in Darmstadt.
If selected, you will carry out tasks related to the development and maintenance of storage and computing systems with special focus on backup, archive and retrieval services. The activities will mainly include:
- performance monitoring of the computing, storage, backup and archive facilities services
- investigation into H/W and S/W problems and implementation of the relevant corrective actions;
- ensuring that in case of H/W or S/W failures the operational configuration can be restored, including the definition, maintenance, performance of backup/archive procedures;
- provision of stand-by/on-call support;
- provision of support, as required, to critical operations
The duties include the administration and operation of the central archive systems and tape storage components, maintenance of the offsite storage, inventory and support to the operation of the storage services.
The ideal candidate is a SAN/Backup systems professional with an applicable University degree (at least at B.Sc level) and at least 5 years relevant, demonstrated work experience preferably acquired on high-availability, operational working environments.
Mandatory skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in the implementation and maintenance of backup and recovery solutions (Veritas NetBackup, IBM TSM, Rubrik or similar)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the implementation and maintenance of archive solutions managed by Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system (Oracle SAM-FS, Versity or similar)
- At least 3 years’ experience administering high end, automated, tape library systems (StorageTek SL8500 series with ACSLS software, IBM High-end Tape Libraries
- At least 5 years’ experience in administration of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and storage solutions (DellEMC, Hitachi, Brocade)
The working language is English, therefore the capability of working effectively in that language, including the participation in technical meetings and/or boards and the production of technical documents and reports, is essential.
Optional skills and experience:
Knowledge of as many as possible of following subjects would be beneficial:
- Linux/Solaris system administration experience shall be of definite advantage
- Storage/System/Service Monitoring using Nagios framework
- Administration Perl and PHP scripting
- TCP/IP internetworking and the related network protocols and application
Knowledge of German or any other European language would be a plus.